Thursday, May 21, 2015

Today I am leaving the Lake District but not without the biggest and hardest challenge of the trek so far. The mountains you have been seeing were formed when glaciers moved through the area so long ago. They look like big mounds but are nowhere near as large as the White Mountains. They are actually called Fells. The coolest thing of the day was when we actually saw a Shepard tending his sheep. He kind of scared us because he had blood all over him and really didn't speak to us. Yesterday's walk was my most challenging thus far. I had a lot of knee pain and my muscles are very tired. I have done my best to take care of them since I have been resting and they feel better today.

As I was walking yesterday, I was thinking about two things. The first was the power of being in the moment and present with my thoughts and the environment. Each painful step I took added up to finishing the journey for the day. My mind kept wanting to think about the days to come and how I would ever finish this journey but the powerful sense of enjoying the physical environment and focus on the present actually allowed me to truly enjoy my journey. The other thing that I thought about was my mindset. I approached the day with a growth mindset and honoring the process of the journey for the day. I do believe if I had a fixed mindset and truly believed I couldn't do it, I would not have done it.

Wealth Work: I want you to keep writing in your journal but I have another task as well. Today I would also like you to really think about your needs and write them down. What I mean by this is what do you need to live. For example, mortgage payment (shelter), computer etc.  The kids can have a discussion with their parents or an adult about what is needed to live every month. We will add to this tomorrow with our Wealth Work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment