Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Have you ever been chased by a cow on a mountain? Well, after walking 10 miles and getting a bit lost, I came over a knoll and there was a big, black cow looking at me. I started to panic and ran in the other direction. I actually think I scared the cow and it started trotting towards me. I discovered that although my legs were exhausted, I could still run!

My journey today took me through part of the Lake District in England. We walked around beautiful lakes and climbed a mountain that was spectacular! From the top I could see Scotland and the Irish Sea. I literally saw hundreds of sheep and baby lambs running around all day today.

As I walked, I thought of my favorite saying, "The way you do anything is the way you do everything." This is so true. The way you do one little thing is the way you do bigger things. I am on one of the most strenuous journeys of my life and have had many pains but I have stayed positive every step of the way. A practice of positive thinking and a positive attitude gets you through the smallest of events, as well as the big events in your life.

Yesterday, I asked you all to think about your earliest memory of money. Think about where people develop their belief systems and learn about money. We learn from our parents, grandparents etc. Given that 3 out of 4 Americans live paycheck to paycheck, it is important to learn how to save and spend money. Today, think about who taught you to save and spend money. Who was it? What did you learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment