Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Today was what we considered a rest day for us. We left Reeth in the morning and arrived in Richmond in the afternoon after only walking 10 miles. It was pretty flat and easy today; however, we did come across a swarm of bees. We stopped and waited to see if they would move on but they didn't. We were clever though and climbed a fence and went WAY around the little buggers. After that little drama, we slowly walked down a hill and arrived in Richmond to find many stores and restaurants. It has been a welcome sight because we have not seen many people during our walks. As I look ahead at our guide, I am thinking I really need to rest tonight. Tomorrow we will walk 24 miles, Thursday 21, Friday 20 and we finish on Saturday with 16 miles.  ONE STEP AT A TIME! Yikes!

While walking today, I thought of a few things. The first was how I would occupy my brain for such long walks in the coming days. I concluded that I would download an audio book so I can listen to something for a bit. I will let you know how it goes. The other thing was the fact that we hit an obstacle in our walk by encountering bees; however, we thought about it and navigated around them. Isn't this what happens when we are working towards any goal? We set out with an end in mind and even a plan on how to get there. I think we neglect to recognize and appreciate the wonderful obstacles we will encounter along our journey. I do believe that it is important to embrace obstacles and be flexible to stop, reevaluate and perhaps change course. There are many paths that lead to the end result.

Wealth Work: You should still be keeping your spending journal. Are you ready for the next lesson and task? I knew you would say YES!! I spoke earlier about the financial freedom jar. Now, I would like to move on to the next job/jar your money has and that is the living expense jar, which is 55% of the money you receive. This is the jar that all of your needs come out of. For example, your electric bill, mortgage payment, etc. Please take your list of needs that you generated a few days ago and figure out how much each item may cost. Talk with an adult at school and/or with your family about some of the items in their living expense jar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. M
    We love reading your blog.
    How do your feet feel? You must be tired.
    Have you seen any cool waterfalls or wildlife?
    What is the weather like?
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Hauke's class

    ReplyDelete